Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Meet the Staff: Cary H.


Posted by Cary H.

How long have you worked at the library?  1 year, 8 months.
How many items do you have checked out?  5
How many items are on your hold list?  3

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library?  2 things: My fantastic co-workers and helping people, sharing a positive moment.

What is your guilty reading (or listening) pleasure?  spicy romance novels

What books do you feel guilty for not having read?  Charles Dickens' books - love the movies though.

Have your reading habits changed since working at the library?  If so, how?  I don't buy books nearly as much as I used to (sorry Amazon) - - the library is my library!

What is your perfect reading environment?  Quiet, alone in a room, feet up or laying down -- hot tea and my cat nearby.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you?  Great question -- lots of time on my hands for introspection.  I guess I'd go with Buddhist/Taoist stuff and philosophy.  Oops, that's more than one.

What was your favorite children's book when you were a child?  What is your favorite children's book now?  Then: Nancy Drew series  Now: Harry Potter series

Before you worked here, what was your worst library transgression?  I can't say -- it might give you ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment