Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Meet the Staff: Joyce D.


How long have you worked at the library?  1 year
How many items do you have checked out?  2
How many items are on your hold list?  6

What book can you read again and again without losing interest?  I have read and reread Ken Follett's books The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End.  The story caught me up in the first reading and the depth of historical details entranced me in later reading.

What books do you feel guilty for not having read?  Some of Shakespeare's plays - I was an English Lit. major in college!

Have your reading habits changed since working at the library?  If so, how?  They have become a bit more eclectic thanks to our patrons.  They bring books to my attention that I might not have considered.  I enjoy their recommendations.

What is your perfect reading environment?  My perfect reading environment is a quiet room with bowls of chocolates and potato chips within easy reach of my comfy chair.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you?  I would want mysteries because of the wide variety within the genre!  It's never boring when you can go from 'British cozies' to 'rough and tough' investigators.

What was your favorite children's book when you were a child?  Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey

What is your favorite children's book now?  I enjoy the Curious George books.

Before you worked here, what was your worst library transgression?  There was no major transgressions at our library, but I have had a few overdue books from other libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment