Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

Extra Anchovies.....

Posted by Staff (mostly Jacob D.)

"If I have one operating philosophy about life, it is this: 'Be cool to the pizza delivery dude; it's good luck.' Four principles guide the pizza dude philosophy.  Principle 1.  Coolness to the pizza delivery dude is an practice in humility and forgiveness.  I let him cut me off in traffic, let him safely hit the exit ramp from the left lane, let him forget to use his blinker without extending any of my digits out the window....His pizza light atop his car glowing like a beacon reminds me to check myself as I flow through the world." An excerpt from Be Cool to the Pizza Dude an essay by Sarah Adams published in This I Believe: The Personal Philosophies of Remarkable Men and Women Edited by Jay Allison and Dan Gediman.

Pizza related movies available through the library:
Mystic Pizza (1988) 80's movie set in a pizza shop starring Julia Roberts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) Overgrown turtles eat pizza and fight crime

Spaceballs (1989) Mel Brooks Star Wars spoof, features a character named Pizza the Hutt

Do the Right Thing (1989) Danny Aiello's character runs a pizzaria

Loverboy (1989; not owned by the LCLS) Patrick Dempsey plays a pizza delivery boy with something extra for the ladies who order anchovies

The Sopranos (television series 2000-2006 ) Important quote by Christopher, "Don't disrespect the pizza joint".

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) A young Sean Penn stars in one of the best pizza delivery scenes in a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment