Total Pageviews

Friday, May 13, 2011

Meet the Staff: Susan C.

How long have you worked at the library?  18 years
How many items do you have checked out?  4 books, 3 audio downloads
How many items are on your hold list?  8, 1 audio download

What book can you read again and again without losing interest?  I don't.  There are too many books to read just once.


What is your favorite book format?  Right now I favor audio books because I can multitask with them - knitting, exercising, cleaning house, driving.  Time flies while listening to a good book.

What books do you feel guilty for not having read?  More of the classics.

Have your reading habits changed since working at the library?  If so, how?  I don't always finish a book.  There are so many I want to read that I move on if I am not engaged in a book.

What is your perfect reading environment?  During a snowstorm in front of the fireplace with a roaring fire going.  Perhaps hot chocolate.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you?  I would need more than one; fiction, non-fiction, mystery and science fiction.  I couldn't do with less.

What was your favorite children's book when you were a child?  Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik
What is your favorite children's book now?  The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone because it made my son laugh out loud.

Before you worked here, what was your worst library transgression?  As a child I reshelved books I read when I was at the library with my mother.  I thought I was doing a good thing, but now I know I was creating havoc!

No comments:

Post a Comment