Total Pageviews

Monday, September 19, 2011

Book Review: A Boy Named Shel

Posted by Holly A., EPL patron and guest blogger

Let's just say that I was born in the late 70's. Shel Silverstein was my favorite author through my early school years and I was TOTALLY unaware of the life he lived.  He could never settle in one place for very long, had multiple houses where he "lived", and stayed at the Playboy Mansion off and on most of his adult life.  He was a lady's man who didn't want to be in long-term relationships.  Shel Silverstein tried everything artistic - he played and composed music, drew cartoons, wrote plays, and much more.  After reading this book about Shel, I believe the world lost a man with a great mind who had a very unique way of looking at everything and everyone.  I enjoyed reading about a childhood hero and realizing he was real.

Request A Boy Named Shel by Lisa Rogak

Request items written and illustrated by Shel Silverstein

No comments:

Post a Comment