Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Meet the Board: Francie P.

Posted by Francie P.

How long have you served on the board?  1 year

How many items do you have checked out?  Seven (all of which are for my kids).

What is your favorite aspect of serving on the board?  Learning!  I am the newest member of the board, so there has been a lot to learn about the inner workings of the library, and all of the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to make the library such a vital part of our community.

If you could inform the public about only one aspect of serving on the board, what would it be?  That the board is composed of very committed, caring hard-working, service-oriented people who bring many years nad varied types of experience to the table.

What book can you read again and again without losing interest?  Why do you still read it?  Pride and Prejudice.  I've probably read it five times, and am due to read it again.  I love the story and the characters.  I love that each time I read it, I discover another remark or nuance from one of the characters that I didn't catch before.

What is your favorite book format?  Book.

If you use multiple formats, what percentage do you use of each?  Book - 80%, e-reader - 20%

What is your perfect reading environment?  A quiet house, dim lights, ltying in my bed at night.  I don't sleep well if I don't read myself to sleep.

What was your favorite children's book when you were a child?  The Bug Book by Edward Gorey.  I wouldn't say that this was my favorite book, but it's one that I remember vividly from childhood because my Grandmother would read it to me every time I spent the night at her house.

What is your favorite children's book now?  As for my favorite children's book now, it's a touch choice because I read so many these days to my two young children.  I'd say Scuffy the Tugboat, anything by Richard Scarry, any of the books in the Mr. series (Mr. Rude, Mr. Happy, etc.) by Roger Hargreaves, and any of the Curious George books are top contenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment