Total Pageviews

Friday, January 13, 2012

Meet the Staff: Mason S.

Portrait of Mason S. by Summer, age 5
How long have you worked at the library?  I'm a few months into my second go-around.  Before that, nine years.

How many items do you have checked out now?  ten

How many items are on your hold list?  one

What book can you read again and again without losing interest?  Why do you still read it?  I've sort of fallen out of  love with a lot of books I used to hold dear.  On that has stayed around is Gary Snyder's Poetry and Essays.  He always makes me want to climb a mountain.

What aspects of the library do you think are underutilized?  I never really appreciated the databases until I was halfway through college.  Now I couldn't imagine conducting research without them.

What is your favorite book format?  99% dead tree edition.

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library?  The people - just about everybody I know is via the library.

What books do you feel guilty for not having read?  I keep beginning to read Ulysses and then begin a 'quick read' and lose my place.  The first half if brilliant, though.

Have your reading habits changed since working in the library?  If so, how?  I don't believe I had ever read a young adult book.  I really love being able to read a book in a few sittings.

What is your perfect reading environment?  Anywhere and everywhere I have time.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genere of books would you want with you?  A copy of Ulysess would be nice; I may finally finish.

What was your favorite children's book when you were a child?  What is your favorite now?  I wore out two copies of Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go before I could read it to myself.  Now I'm in love with Emily Gravett - especially Wolves.

Before you worked here, what was your worst library transgression?  Mis-shelving... overdues... lost books... everything at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment