Total Pageviews

Monday, August 27, 2012

EPL Patron Reviews: The Maid: A Novel of Joan of Arc


Posted by Laura A.
The Maid A Novel of Joan of Arc written by Kimberly Cutter.

I read this book since my sister Joan was named after Joan of Arc plus she was the name my daughter chose for confirmation.  This book was a quick read and had four sections. Section 1 began with her childhood and her visions. I was astounded to learn that her father was abusive. As to whether the book was true or not, the author at the end of book states that most of the book was factual and documented by historians.  The description of her simple life on the farm brought back wonderful memories of my three visits to Domremy. The 2nd section begins when she went to live with her cousin.  The 3rd section is going to war and the last section is her death and her confessions to the priest.  It was a fantastic book that was written in a very descriptive, factual way.  I highly recommend the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment