Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Meet The Staff: Kristen R.

Posted by Kristen R.

How long have you worked at the library?  Since Dec 2013

How many items do you have checked out now?  None, sadly :(

How many items are on your hold list?  One!


What book can you read again and again with losing interest?  Why do you still read it?  A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz; it is so witty and so much happens in it.  It also references a lot of great authors and facts.  You learn something new every time you read it.  Every page has at least one line marked in my copy of it.

If you were a literary character, who would you be and why?  Hermione Granger - she's an amazing character who overcomes numerous challenges to become the top of her class and help her friends defeat evils of all kinds.  She also end happily with Ron Weasley, which I love - despite J.K.Rowlings regrets.

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library?  I work in Technical Services, so I love that I can be a part of the "behind the scenes" section of the library.  It's also cool to see all of the new material come in.

What is your guilty reading or listening pleasure?  I "fangirl" too hard.  I always fall for and obsess over the characters.  I enjoy the mania, but it probably annoys everyone around me.

What books do you feel guilty about not having read?  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.  The film is incredible, and I bought the book for myself and my grandma for Christmas.  It's still waiting for me on my shelf though. :(

Have your reading habits changed since working in the library?  If so, how?  Now that I'm here all of the time, I definitely have more of a desire to crack open a book as soon as I get home!

What is your perfect reading environment?  Alone in my room, door shut, with a snack.

What was your favorite children's book where you were a child?  Nellie: A Cat On Her Own by Natalie Babbitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment