Total Pageviews

Friday, January 30, 2015

Biography Book Review: Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming

Posted by Allyson G.


Since January is biography/memoir month, I decided to read a book in this genre. I read Not My Father’s Son by Alan Cumming.  Alan Cumming is an actor.  I first saw him in the television show The Good Wife.  When I saw that he wrote a book I became very interested because of my interest in The Good Wife and I wanted to read more biographies and memoirs, so this seemed like the perfect book.  Cumming grew up in Scotland with his mom, brother, and abusive father.  The book goes back and forth between present day and his childhood.  He does not sugar coat the way his father treated him, his brother, and his mother.  This memoir has a great impact on the reader.  I found this book moving and at some times heart wrenching.  If you get the chance to read this book you will not be disappointed.




Here are some other biographies/memoirs that I am interested reading:

Elvis & Ginger by Ginger Alden 

I went to Memphis last summer and took the tour of Elvis Presley’s house.  Also, I have heard some controversies regarding Ginger Alden and how the “true Elvis fan” does not believe her side of the story. 








I loved How I Met Your Mother and of Neil Patrick Harris.  He wrote this book like a Choose Your Own Adventure book and I am anxious to see how he made that work.

No comments:

Post a Comment