Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Patron Book Reviews - April 2015

Book reviews provided by EPL Patrons


100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson
I thought the concept was good. A boy discovering 100 cupboards that were portals to other times and places. There is a series of these books and while my son (11) thought it was a little weird and wouldn't continue the books, I enjoyed this one and might get another. The characters could have been more developed.



I Don't Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star by Judy Greer
Delightful, light-hearted read. Laugh out loud funny with an inside look at Judy's life as an actress, friend, wife, and stepmother. Great for people who just have little spots of time to read or for reading at the beach!



The Memory Thief by Emily Colin
This plot was just a little too weird for me. Also, with a different character in the 1st person in every chapter, I found it hard to follow.




A Step of Faith by Richard Paul Evans
I absolutely love this series of "The Walk". I can't believe there is still another book in the series. Alan, the main character, is amazing and everyone should take a look at their lives through his eyes.





Shelter by Frances Greenslade
It took me a bit to get into this book, but what an adventure. Couldn't put the book down! Intriguing, and not predictable - very enjoyable.



The Cold Song by Linn Ullmann
If you like characters with few redeeming qualities, a wish washy plot, and not much to hold your interest, this book is for you. The main characters are members of what should be a healing family after an early death of the son, but instead they all need to see a therapist! With the disappearance of the nanny, you begin to see how self-centered they all are. This book gives you adultry, rape, murder, split personality, conceit, lust - shall I go on?  A 2-star rating would be generous; only that high because I was able to finish it.




Impossible by Nancy Werlin
A tale of a teenage girl who finds herself in an impossible predicament. The perfectness of parts of it seem almost too good to believe but then again so is the story.





Fools' Gold by Philippa Gregory
This is the third book in the series. It is a YA book but I was completely drawn into this series. It is well written and not childish. I would recommend to any who read her adult series. A page turner and I can't wait for book four now!





Traveling with Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor
An insightful and introspective book by a mother-daughter team with rich details of travel in Greece and France.

No comments:

Post a Comment