Total Pageviews

Friday, May 15, 2015

Meet the Staff: Sophia E.

Posted by Sophia E.
How long have you worked at the library?  2 months

How many items do you have checked out right now?  3

How many items are on your hold list? 0

What book can you read again and again without losing interest? Why do you still read it?  
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand is the only novel I never tire of. Each time I read it, I am able to see a new paradigm or theme. The thought-provoking ideas presented throughout are great intellectual topics for conversation.

If you were a literary character, who would you be and why? 


I would be Tris from the Divergent series. When reading the trilogy, I noticed so many similarities between the two of us. I strongly admire her unconditional love for those she cares about and the uncompromising nature of her values.

What is your favorite book format (book, audio, mp3, e-reader, etc.)?  
Book

If you use multiple formats, what percentage do you use each?
80% book, 20% e-reader

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library?  
I love how nice all of my co-workers are. Everyone has made me feel so welcome, and it is just such a warm environment. It really is like a second family.

What books do you feel guilty for not having read? 
I feel guilty for not reading so many books. I have a list of all the classic books I really want to read, but it’s a long list and I don’t have enough free time to read them all!

What is your perfect reading environment? 
My perfect reading environment is on the couch with a pile of blankets and a cup of cocoa.

What was your favorite children’s book when you were a child? What is your favorite children’s book now? 
I always loved storybooks as a child. I still do enjoy such stories, but now I really like Dr. Seuss books!  I can’t believe I didn’t like them as a child! 

No comments:

Post a Comment