Total Pageviews

Friday, September 11, 2015

Meet the Staff: Kelcey H.

Posted by Kelcey H.


How long have you worked at the library? 3 months

How many items do you have checked out now?  6: 1 book, 4 audio books, and 1 DVD

How many items are on your hold list? 3

If you were a literary character, who would you be and why? I think that I would want to be either Hermione Granger or Moaning Myrtle from the Harry Potter series. Hermione is super smart and always does her best to keep them out of trouble. Moaning Myrtle on the other hand is a super annoying ghost, I think it’d be fun to fly through people and just annoy everyone.

What aspects of the library do you think are underutilized? I think that our awesome online resources go unnoticed because not a lot of people know about them.

What is your favorite book format? Physical books used to be my favorite until I started driving 40 minutes to work every day, now I really enjoy audiobooks as well. It’s a 50/50 tie for favorite.

If you use multiple formats, what percentage do you use each? 65% book, 35% audiobook.

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library? I love my co-workers; everyone was so welcoming when I first started. I also really love the public; I always leave work with the best stories to tell my family.

Have your reading habits changed since working in the library? If so, how? Yes, but not for the better, I’m so busy now that I don’t have much time to sit down and read but when I do get the chance I love it.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you? Young adult!

What is your perfect reading environment? A big comfy chair & lots of blankets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment