We are very excited to share with you a way to request books available in our library system from Goodreads book description pages. No longer do you have to open Goodreads in one tab and the catalog in another in order to request what you are seeing in Goodreads. Just follow these easy steps to get this wonderful feature set up!
1. Login to your Goodreads account.
2. Click on the drop down arrow to the right of your profile picture and select Edit Profile
3. Click on add a new link under the Book Links tab
4. It will be easier to find the library link that you will create if you remove links that you don’t use regularly by clicking remove. You can also reorder links by clicking on the up and down arrows.
5. In the Link name box: EPL
6. In the ISBN box copy and paste the blue text:
7. In the Title box copy and paste the blue text:
8. Search for a book. In the following example I have chosen an edition of Pride and Prejudice.
9. You can find the link you just created in the line that says Get a copy: just click on EPL. If you have a lot of book links in your account there may be a drop down menu that you will have to click on to find EPL.
I hope you guys enjoy the instant gratification that this provides. My requests have seen a pretty significant increase since I connected my Goodreads and Library account. Feel free to call the library if you have any questions. 618-692-7556. We love to hear from you!