Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Meet the Staff: Kathleen M.

Posted by Kathleen M.
How long have you worked at the library?  6 months (I was hired in mid-February)

How many items do you have checked out right now? 1

How many items are on your hold list? 1

What aspects of the library do you think are underutilized?

I think that the online/digital resources are underutilized. I did not know about Hoopla and 3M Cloud Library until I was hired. Now I use both resources all of the time. Also, I have been using the online databases for school research papers for years, and I think they are great, but I do not think people always understand the difference between online sources and database sources.

What is your favorite book format (book, audio, mp3, e-reader, etc.)?

I like hardback books and digital audiobooks through Hoopla and 3M Cloud Library.

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library?

My coworkers are knowledgeable and entertaining.

What is your guilty reading (or listening) pleasure?

I love listening to non-fiction humorous memoirs. I especially love when authors read their own books for audiobooks. Sarah Vowell and David Sedaris are two of my favorites.

What books do you feel guilty for not having read?

I feel a little guilty for not having read all of the Harry Potter books or any of the Hunger Games books. I only feel a little guilty because fantasy is not the genre I get a lot of enjoyment out of.

Have your reading habits changed since working at the library? If so, how?

Yes, my reading habits have definitely changed since working at the library. I am reading more, and utilizing digital resources a lot more.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you?

I would like books about surviving in the desert.

What was your favorite children’s book when you were a child? What is your favorite children’s book now?

When I was younger my favorite children’s book was The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don Wood. That is still my favorite children’s book.

No comments:

Post a Comment