Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Meet the Staff: Sally A.

Posted by Katherine R.

 

How long have you worked at the library? 1 1/2 years

How many items do you have checked out right now? 5

How many items are on your hold list? 0

 



What is your favorite book format (book, audio, mp3, e-reader, etc.)?

Physical hardcover book. I like to hold a book and turn pages.

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library?

Working with staff and patrons. It's fun to work here and I get to work both upstairs with adults and downstairs in the children's library.

What is your guilty reading (or listening) pleasure?
 

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series (One for the Money is the first book)

Have your reading habits changed since working at the library? If so, how?
 

There are more books that I want to read because I see books that look interesting every time I work. I check them out and then they stack up at my house because I can't read fast enough.

What is your perfect reading environment? Somewhere quiet where I am alone, and a bowl of popcorn.
 

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you?
 

Survival skill books! How to build a fire, send smoke signals, catch fish, etc.

What aspects of the library do you think are underutilized? I think our databases and online information are underutilized. There's so much information there and I don't think people know about it.


What was your favorite children's book when you were a child? What is your favorite children's book now?
When I was a child I loved Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey. I still love that book and everyone should read it. Now I would have to say I love Julius, the Baby of the World by Kevin Henkes - it's so funny!







No comments:

Post a Comment