Total Pageviews

Friday, April 7, 2017

Meet the Staff: Mary H.

Posted by Staff
 
How long have you worked at the library? 2.5 months  

How many items do you have checked out right now? 1  

How many items are on your hold list? 0  

What book can you read again and again without losing interest? Why do you still read it?
I usually won’t re-read a book until it’s been enough years that I’ve forgotten most of the details of the story. 


What aspects of the library do you think are underutilized?
I like to see the thumbs up book marks change books. I like finding a recommended book without knowing why it’s recommended.
 

What is your favorite book format (book, audio, mp3, e-reader, etc.)?
I used to be only for printed books but I’ve really started enjoying audiobooks more since I can multi-task while I listen.

 

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library?
I really like just being around all the books.
 
 
What is your guilty reading (or listening) pleasure?
I’m a sucker for murder mysteries. 


What books do you feel guilty for not having read?
Mostly any high school staple I’ve not read. I wasn’t required to read The Great Gatsby or Catcher in the Rye so I’ve never read them. I finally read 1984 for the first time because I was never made to read that either. 


Have your reading habits changed since working at the library? If so, how?
I read a lot in high school and pretty much stopped leisure reading in college. I’m working back into reading a few books a month now that I spend so much time here looking at the books.
 

What is your perfect reading environment?
I need total silence, and my preference is to just read in bed. 


If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you?
Probably mysteries, I know that they can be pretty formulaic, but for some reason I still don’t get tired of them. 


Before you worked here, what was your worst library transgression?
Once I ran out of renewals on something I wasn’t done with I would just let myself get fined so I could finish it instead of bringing it back and finishing it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment