Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Meet the Staff: Kaylee G.

 

How long have you worked at the library?  
4 months
 

How many items do you have checked out right now? 
15 

How many items are on your hold list?
None, because I need to get through all the books I have out first. (And because I just checked out the four that were on hold for me, as if I didn’t already have enough.)


 


What book can you read again and again without losing interest? Why do you still read it?
Either Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey or The Host by Stephanie Meyer. Both tell unique stories or have unique solutions to common tropes while also being overall enjoyable to read.
 


What is your favorite book format (book, audio, mp3, e-reader, etc.)?
Book because I love the feeling of holding a physical copy of the thing I’m reading, though I’ve started reading some e-books lately because of the convenience.

 
What is your favorite aspect of working at the library?
Helping people find new books to enjoy!

What books do you feel guilty for not having read?

The Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo. It looks really interesting, but it’s set in the same universe as a series that I just couldn’t get into.
 


Have your reading habits changed since working at the library? If so, how?
Technically, yes. In high school, I consumed entirely too many books, but while I was in college, it slowed down dramatically, so now I’m finally getting back into the habit of reading more.

What is your perfect reading environment?
Somewhere comfy with music playing in the background 


If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you?
Fantasy


What was your favorite children’s book when you were a child? What is your favorite children’s book now?
Red Is Best by Kathy Stinson. I don’t think it’s changed after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment