Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Step Up Your Rock Painting Game: New & Notable Nonfiction





  
I love these two books we’ve recently added to our collection – ideas for rock painting.  The finished rocks can be sprayed with clear acrylic and placed in potted plants, in the garden landscape, or around your house of office. 

I checked these books out myself and tried some rock painting at home.  You can gets the stones at craft stores, some garden stores, and Amazon.  I didn’t want to invest a lot of $$ in something I wasn’t sure I’d like, so I just purchased an inexpensive marker set for this purpose. 

By the way, a mandala (literally "circle") is a spiritual and ritual symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism, representing the universe.  One book offers many beautiful mandala inspired designs to try.  The other book goes beyond that theme to all sorts of nature figures. 

And, guess what?  The step-by-step instructions in both books made this project much easier than I expected!  It was really fun to do.  Check out the books and give it a try!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment