Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Meet the Staff: Gwen B.

Posted by Gwen B.

How long have you worked at the library?  I have been blessed to work here for 5 years
How many items do you have checked out?  1 have 22 items checked out.
How many items are on your hold list?  There are 29 items on my holds list.

What book can you read again and again without losing interest?  Every year since 1998, I have read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers in some format over again.

If you were a literary character, who would you be and why?  In my daily life I strive to be a Christian.  The one character that is an example of what I want to achieve is Hadassah in the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers.  She is everything I want to be in bad and good.

What aspects of the library do you think are underutilized?  The services of the notary public, of course.

What is your favorite book format?  Due to lack of free time, audios of all forms have become my favorite.

If you use multiple formats, what percentage do you use each?  60% audio cds, 20% mp3 cds, 10% book, 10% playaway.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you?  Nothing but Amish novels.

What was your favorite children's book when you were a child?  What is your favorite children's book now?  My favorite children's book as a child was Dr. Suess' Cat in the Hat.  Now, my favorite is GoodNight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

Before you worked here, what was your worst library transgression?  Always insisting that the staff get a book quickly for me.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you changed. I don't see you as a Cat in the Hat kind of person. Barb

    ReplyDelete