Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Meet the Staff: Jill S.

Posted by Jill S.

How long have you worked at the library?  I started 3/18/13.

How many items do you have checked out now?  4

How many items are on your hold list? None - there are no holds!  But I have a long Goodreads to-read list.  (This post was prepared during our transition to Polaris when we could not place holds.)

What is your favorite book format?  Book.

If you use multiple formats, what percentage do you use each?  60% book, 40% Kindle.

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library?  I love seeing the pre-publication books.  I had no idea that these existed.  I love being surrounded by so many books and people who love books.

What is your guilty reading (or listening) pleasure?  People magazine - but I would never buy one; Twilight books (don't tell anyone).

What books do you feel guilty for not having read?  I recently read East of Eden for the first time and wouldn't believe I had been deprived of that experience for so long.  So I feel guilty I haven't read all those classic gems.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you?  History books - I love Tudor history, War of the Roses, Napoleon, etc.

What was your favorite children's book when you were a child? What is your favorite children's book now? I loved the Narnia and Frances books (bedtime for Francis, etc.).  Now I love the Harry Potter series.  I've read all of them out loud to my son.

Before you worked here, what was your worst library transgression?  None!  Ever!  The library is Holy ground!  Okay, well maybe an overdue fine or two when I couldn't extend a hold and had to finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment