Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Meet the Staff: Megan P.

Posted by Megan P.

How long have you worked at the library? I started working summers in College at EPL in 2006 and left in 2011. I'm happy to be back again and just started at the end of August.

How many items do you have checked out right now? 5

How many items are on your hold list? 3


What book can you read again and again without losing interest? Why do you still read it?  Bossypants by Tina Fey. I don’t usually read books again, but I've read Bossypants twice and it still makes me giggle.

 What is your favorite book format (book, audio, mp3, e-reader, etc.)?  Book

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library? I love getting book suggestions from patrons and coworkers. I also love story time because children are so funny and I never know what they are going to say.

What books do you feel guilty for not having read?  The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Have your reading habits changed since working at the library? If so, how?
They have changed because I used to only read novels, but I love reading non-fiction, memoirs, and autobiographies now.

What is your perfect reading environment?  I like to read in bed with a cup of hot tea. I also love to read when it rains.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you?  I should say survival books, but I honestly don’t know if that would help me or terrify me. I would want humor because at least I would be able to laugh.

What was your favorite children’s book when you were a child? What is your favorite children’s book now?  I have so many favorite children’s books, but two of my favorites as a child were Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak and Hey Al by Arthur Yorinks. 

Now I love Underwater Dogs by Seth Casteel and And Then It’s Spring by Julie Fogliano. I love Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie too.












No comments:

Post a Comment