Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Beat the Guilt Challenge

Posted by Staff



Here at the library, we read a lot of books and we enjoy talking about them too.  So, when it was discovered that many of us have books that we feel guilty for not having read, this challenge was born. Sixteen of us have decided to accept this challenge and read a book that we feel guilty for not having read. We have until November 15th to read the book we have chosen and to write a brief review of the book. Here is a list of the staff members participating, the books we have chosen, and why we feel guilty:
by Wilson Rawls
Growing up I heard so many people 
mention how good this book is,
but I never gave it a chance!


Karen K.
Cannery Row by John Steinbeck 
Because I love Steinbeck and can't
believe I haven't read this one.


















 Susan C. 
Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
Everyone said this was great but it
sounded like your average murder mystery
so I kept away from it.
Joanie S. 
Atonement by Ian McEwan
I need to read more fiction.






Sam O.
by Laura Ingalls Wilder
I started to read it when I was 
younger, but then lost the book.



Katherine R. 
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. 
A classic that I never got around to reading.  
Plus, there are so many references to the 
musketeers!

Kerste F. 
Margaret Mitchell
I've seen the movie, and typically 
don't see the movie before I 
read the book...oops!
Jacob D.
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Being an English major and a librarian, 
I feel a great sense of shame having 
never even opened this book.























Judy T. 
Khaled Hosseini 
Because I feel like I'm the only person 
connected to libraries who never 
read it.  I believe it is a book that 
really will hold my interest.

Cary H. 
Charles Dickens 
Because I Love A Christmas Carol and 
should give the guy a better chance!!

















Zach H. 
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. 
I loved the movie as a kid, but I'm 
curious to find out how badly Spielberg 
butchered it.


Melissa P. 
Lady Chatterly's Lover by D.H. Lawrence 
Always wanted to check out this 
scandalous piece of literary history.





Devin G. 
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 
I love the show & would probably
 love the books. And it's a classic
 I know I should read.

Allie L. 
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley 
This was a requirement in a high 
school class, but my teacher 
didn't care, so I skipped reading it!








































Megan P. 
Divergent by Veronica Roth 
It's a popular young adult series and 
I've already seen the movie! I feel 
behind the times not reading it.
Gwen B.
Juneteenth by Ralph Ellison
I have always heard much about
Ellison's novel Invisible Man, but I
have never been able to get through
the first 3 pages. I felt his 2nd novel
published after his death might be
easier for me to get through.







No comments:

Post a Comment