Total Pageviews

Friday, December 12, 2014

Movies of the Season: Staff Picks

Posted by Staff

If you're looking for something to watch during the holidays, try one of our favorites! Some are classics, some are funny, and some are not even typical holiday movies. We think you'll be sure to find something that sounds good.



A Christmas Story (Devin G.) We watched this movie every Christmas as a family. It's still my favorite!

The Muppet Christmas Carol (Jessica W.) The Muppets tell their version of A Christmas Carol with Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge. The soundtrack is equally fantastic.

The Bells of St. Mary's (Joyce D.) I love the Nativity story as told and acted by the young school children.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Jocie D.) It's funny and makes me think my family's not so crazy - even though we are :)

A Christmas Story (Allie L.) My Dad and I always watch this on Christmas Eve and we can pretty much quote it all!

White Christmas (Judy T.) This movie is a classic. I always had it playing in the background when I made Christmas cookies so it reminds me of happy family times.

Love Actually (Amanda E.) It warms my cold heart also there's a great discussion about Joni Mitchell's music.

Elf (Gerry B.) Will Ferrell is a comedic genius. If you enjoy comedies, and have Christmas spirt, this is the movie I recommend.

Scrooged (Evan E.) Bill Murray plays a TV executive who is visited by the ghosts of past, present and future to renew his love of Christmas.

Home Alone (Jacob D.) Seriously, no one said Home Alone yet? I love Elf and A Christmas Story, too, but my nephews love watching Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern get beaten up with booby traps.

Batman Returns (David R.) Seriously, this is a Christmas Movie!  It's a good one.

A Christmas Story (Joanie S.) Watch every year with my kids - we know every word of the movie!

Die Hard (Zach H.) Terrorists try to ruin a Christmas party, but Bruce Willis saves the day. What better way to get in the holiday spirit?

Jingle All the Way (Kristen R.) Arnold Schwarzenegger screaming, "Put that cookie down - NOW!" brings joy to my ears and warmth to my heart.

The Year Without Santa Claus (Jill S.) I love the brothers Heat Miser & Snow Miser! Their mother is Mother Nature and their songs and brotherly rivalry are hilarious! I can still sing them.

Home Alone - all 3, but mainly the first two (Sam O.) I love watching these with my family any time of the year, just the perfect amount of silly and heartwarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment