Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sounds of the Season: Our Favorite Holiday Music

Posted by Staff

This holiday season we'd like to share some of the songs and music that we love. Some of these have strong childhood associations and some are more recent finds, but all are sure to help put you in the holiday spirit!

If on a Winter's Night by Sting (Denise T.) Beautiful songs that celebrate wintertime

White Christmas by Bing Crosby &
Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Guaraldi Trio (Megan P.) I grew up listening to both of these CDs. They are my Dad's favorites and I love them too.
White Christmas Freegal link

Christmas Kind of Season by Rosemary Clooney (Sam O.) My Mother had  a Christmas album of hers that we used to play every Holiday season.

Christmas with the Chipmunks by Chipmunks (Melissa P.) It's just not Christmas until I hear this CD!! Nothing takes me back to my childhood Christmas faster than this!

25 Year Celebration of Mannheim Steamroller by Mannheim Steamroller (Anne W.) My parents always played this cassette tape while we drove around looking at Christmas lights! Freegal link

Now That's What I Call Christmas (Karen K.) The day after Thanksgiving I start listening to Christmas carols and this one of my favorites due to its variety.
Freegal link

John Denver & the Muppets: A Christmas Together (Megan J.) Listening to this CD is a tradition in my family. Not only are the songs full of Muppet charm, but the music is beautiful and for me, it encapsulates the feeling of the Christmas season.

Ultimate Christmas Collection by Jackson 5 (Gwen B.) My brothers and I would listen to the album and sing all the songs. I was always Michael!

Noel by Canadian Brass (Katherine R.) I've always enjoyed instrumental Holiday music and brass ensembles sound cool. This is a CD that I listen to often in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment