Total Pageviews

Friday, November 13, 2015

Celebrate National Picture Book Month! Our Favorite Children's Picture Books

Posted by Staff

November is National Picture Book Month and we are celebrating by sharing our favorite children's picture books. We all have a soft spot for picture books - what's not to love? Great pictures, fun stories, or perhaps great memories of reading them when we were little. Interestingly, some of these weren't favorites from our childhood, we've recently discovered them. Whether discovered as a child or more recently, picture books are always great fun to read.


Stellaluna by Janell Cannon (Devin G.)  The images are beautifully done and the story is heartwarming.

Bedtime for Frances by Russell Hoban (Jill S.) I love the way the story and pictures work together. Pictures are so cute!

Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV by Stan and Jan Berenstain (Lorraine L.) My grandson is really into all the Berenstain Bear books and this one in particular. It's great!

Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes (Joyce D.)  The pictures are very well done and the story is poetic.

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash by Greg Neri (Chris P.) I love learning about people; illustrations are great.

The Day the Crayons Came Home by Drew Daywalt (Stephanie M.) This book was given to my daughter as a gift. It's a fantastic read for both kids and adults. Adults will really appreciate the humor in it.

The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf (Anne W.) A great story about being who you are.

Hey, Al by Arthur Yorinks (Megan P.) I grew up reading this book and I really like the illustrations.

Keeping Quilt by Patricia Polacco (Lisa E.) I love the way Patricia Polacco writes about family and traditions.

Pride & Prejudice: A BabyLit Counting Primer by Jennifer Adams (Evan E.) The books in this series are very cute and a great way to begin introducing young children to literature they'll probably read when they get older.

Woolbur by Leslie Helakoski (Amanda E.) I'm a fan of knitting and wool and this book is super cute.

Katy No-Pocket by Emmy Payne (Katherine R.) I really enjoyed this book growing up because it's so fun. The illustrations are colorful and I love the solution that is reached at the end of the book.

Alexander and the Magic Mouse by Martha Sanders (Cary H.) A group of unlikely characters gather together in an old Victorian home. This book gives a great sense of security to children when the world feels like a scary place.

Animalia by Graeme Base (David R.) I love the animals in the illustrations and it's a really fun book to look through.

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak (Mary Anne P.)  I love Max and this a book I read with my children and they loved too.




No comments:

Post a Comment