Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Furry Friends and Favorite Fiction: Part 2

Posted by Staff

This is the second in a series of posts highlighting our favorite books and showcasing our furry friends. Many of our pets have no problem jumping on our books when we're reading, but when we pull out a camera to snap a picture of them with our books, they're nowhere to be found. We learned to be very stealthy! Enjoy these pictures and try out our favorite books!

Amanda E.: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (with Homer)




A Wrinkle in Time was one of a handful of books that I read as a very young girl that really fulfilled a need in me to see smart girls having adventures and loving things that maybe weren’t so typically feminine.  The story is great but really I fell in love with Meg and her relationships with her family and with numbers. 


Kelecy H.: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (with Cedric and Percy)

The hunger games trilogy will forever be one of my all time favorite series. I love the world building and the amount of imagination the book forces you to use. It's a classic tale of perseverance, hardship, and sacrifice. I love the series so much I actually bought them in the UK special editions, pictured above!

I can't wait to reread them & jump back into their dystopian world as soon as possible! 


 

Kristen R.: The Complete Stories by Flannery O'Connor (with Dally and Susan)



The collection is called The Complete Stories. I like the eerie oddities of the Southern Gothic genre, and O'Connor is great at packing just a few pages with characters, narratives, and implications that linger with you long after you've read them. My favorite story from this collection is "Good Country People."

No comments:

Post a Comment