Total Pageviews

Monday, October 10, 2016

"Must See" Halloween Movies

Posted by Cary H.

I have been a movie buff since I was a kid and my dad shared his love of the Golden Age of Hollywood with me. Over the years I have found that there are certain movies I believe are “must see” for anyone serious about cinema history, or just plain loves a good movie.

For Halloween, I’ve come up with a list of “must see” movies that you can find in our library system. These are not slasher flicks – in fact I chose them based on creative gothic atmosphere and for sheer creepiness. I love these movies and watch them over and over every year. If you are willing to travel back in time a bit I think you will find the trip well worth it:
 Nosferatu (1922)
Dracula (1931 Lugosi)
The Old Dark House (1932 Karloff)
The Mummy (1932 Karloff)
The Wolf Man (1941 Chaney Jr)
The House of Wax (1953 Price)
House of Usher (1960 Price)
The Haunting (1963 Harris)
The Legend of Hell House (1973 McDowall)
Shadow of the Vampire (2000 Dafoe)


(Originally posted October 5, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment