Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2016

Celebrating 5 Years: Mason S.

Posted by Staff

At the Youth Circulation Desk, you can find the fastest shelver this side of the Mississippi!
Mason’s his name,
and library books are his game.
He’s been here five years!
Give him three cheers!
His knowledge is immense,
and he's here to dispense. 
Thanks, Mason, for all the work you do!

What would we do without you? 

How long have you worked at the library?
This is my second 5th anniversary. I worked here for many years then left for 3 years and am back again.

In what part of the library do you work and what do you do?
 I work in the Youth Department.  I shelve books, help patrons and cut large quantities of things out of construction paper.   I’m also the resident wallaby wrangler and the primary book display assembler.


What has changed the most since you started working here?
Overall, everything is more and bigger.

What services offered at the library do you wish more people knew about?
Everybody says “databases,” but . . . the databases.  We have a growing digital collection that remains underutilized. 

What has kept you working at the library?
We have the best patrons you will ever find. 

What’s an underrated book you think everyone should read?
Not “a” book per-se, but I wish more adults would read E.B. White; either revisiting his children’s books or reading his New Yorker essays.  He is the master of  conveying the most information with the fewest words. 

Do you have a book character role model?
Now that I think about it, most of the books I read are about terrible people.

What is your favorite book that you’ve read in the past year?

What is the first book you remember reading?
I have no idea.  I know I read a lot of Amelia Bedelia books

Do you have a favorite book genre?
Mostly nonfiction, mostly memoirs, and mostly about musicians.  I also read a lot of picture books.

No comments:

Post a Comment