Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Our Favorite Holiday Music

Posted by Staff


Gwen B.
Favorite Holiday Album is Jackson 5 “Christmas Album” because my brothers and I would sing all the songs and record it on cassette tapes which I still own.

Amanda E.
My favorite holiday song is Oh Holy Night. I love to sing along with it. The tune is just so powerful and moving, it gives me goosebumps.

Sam O.
My favorite Christmas album is the Straight No Chaser's "Christmas Cheers" album, and 12 Days of Christmas is my favorite song of theirs. This is my favorite Christmas song, not only because they are a talented acappella group, but this song is also super hilarious. The song starts out like normal, but soon starts jumping all over the place and by the end it turns into a different song altogether. It's one of my favorite things ever.

Joyce D.
Favorite holiday song is Silver Bells as sung by Kate Smith.
This song reflects the spirit of a time when the day after Thanksgiving was the first day windows and stores were decorated for Christmas. My mother told me about how special it was to go to downtown Chicago on that day to see the displays.

Tirzah D.
I make it a tradition to listen to Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker Suite and Handel's Messiah (the first part) at least once during the Christmas season. The music from the Nutcracker is fun and varied. Messiah is full of gorgeous choral and instrumental music that reminds me of the joy and hope Christmas brings.

Kathleen M.
"Christmas Shoes"- I like this because the message is really sweet. Yes, it is a very sad song, but it is still so pretty.

"Carol of the Bells" (with lyrics)- I love that it is fast and has the Christmas feel to it. I also like that there are so many renditions of this song, so it never gets old.

Cary H.
The soundtrack to the movie Love Actually – Christmas themed

Megan J.
John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
We played this album all the time during the Christmas season when I was younger, and it is still one of my favorite go-to Christmas albums as an adult. The "extra" commentary from the Muppets is hilarious at any age, but the music is also beautiful and moving. I still get a bit misty-eyed listening to the Muppets sing "Silent Night."

Megan P.
A Charlie Brown Christmas/Vince Guaraldi Trio
White Christmas/Bing Crosby
It’s officially Christmas for me when I hear these two albums. I grew up listening to them every year and they are like old friends to me. These albums also never annoy me like some Christmas music can after awhile.

Kristen R.
Andy Williams’ “Happy Holidays (It’s the Holiday Season) is a lot of fun to sing along, but this year I’ve been really into “There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays.” Pennsylvania and some homemade pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment