Total Pageviews

Friday, December 9, 2016

Our Favorite Holiday Movies

Posted by Staff

Kathleen M.
Miracle on 34th Street - This is my Mom's favorite movie, so it has a lot of sentimental value to me.
The Santa Clause Series - This is so hilarious that it compliments my sad favorite Christmas music so well. Tim Allen is a great actor from these movies to Toy Story to Home Improvement.

Zach H.
My favorite holiday movie is Scrooged. It’s a clever adaptation of Charles Dicken’s Christmas Carol with an amazing cast.

Joyce D.
Favorite holiday movie is The Bells of St. Mary's (1945). Everything and everyone comes together to show the spirit and joy of Christmas. The nativity pageant the young children put on at the school is wonderful.

Sam O.
It's so hard to pick a favorite holiday movie because I love so many of them, but if I have to pin it down to one, I would have to say that The 1994 version of Miracle on 34th St. is my ultimate favorite. First of all, the casting is great, because Mara Wilson is adorable, and also I think that Richard Attenborough does a great job of embodying the spirit of Santa Clause in the movie. I also love that it is both genuinely funny at times and also genuinely heartfelt, and, to me, it just captures the spirit of the holiday season in the most perfect way.

Sally A.

The Bishops' Wife starring Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven is one of my all time favorite movies. This movie is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face and make you feel all warm and happy. And--you get to watch Cary Grant!

 
Megan J.
Christmas in Connecticut
This movie is actually one of my mom's favorite holiday movies, and has consequently become one of my favorites as well. The movie stars Barbara Stanwyck as a columnist who writes about her husband, baby, and family farm located in Connecticut. Her editor arranges for her to host a Christmas dinner for a returning war hero who reads and admires all of her articles. The only problem? The husband, baby, and Connecticut farm are all made up. Shenanigans and hilarity therefore ensue. I personally love the dynamic between Stanwyck's character and the chef friend that she enlists to help her pull of her scheme-- he steals pretty much every scene he is in.

Jocie D.
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, The Home Alone collection, Die Hard (not really Christmas but set at a Christmas party), and A Christmas Story.
 

Kristen R.
I love to watch A Tree Grows in Brooklyn during the holidays. It breaks your heart and then warms it back up again! 


Jake S.
My favorite holiday movie has to be the original Miracle on 34th Street. To me it is the perfect holiday film. It is so heartwarming and touching in all the right places. Unlike some other holiday movies which tend to be a bit heavy handed in the delivery of their message Miracle offers a lighthearted and almost whimsical approach to it's message. The casting is just about perfect and each role seems tailor made for those actors. The film's message is also rather wonderful in that it doesn't talk about one religion's views or another. It is a simple message that says it is just important to have faith which can be appreciated by anyone regardless of their religious affiliation. it's about having faith in your fellow man, having faith that things can get better, and just having faith that miracles can & do happen. It's a wonderful film with a wonderful message that anyone can appreciate.
 


Devin G.
My favorite holiday movie would be Elf. Will Ferrell as one of Santa’s elves is too funny! It’s got a lot of heart and humor, which is exactly what I like during the holidays!

Lisa E.
One of my family's favorite holiday movies has always been
the 1966 animated version (narrated by Boris Karloff) of Dr. Seuss's "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." I love it because the Whos in Whoville still have joy in their hearts even when the material things are gone. That message never gets old. I also love the wonderful Dr. Seuss rhymes.

Stephanie M.

My all-time favorite Christmas movie is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. We watch it every year. It brings back lots of childhood memories for me because I used to watch it with my family every Christmas growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment