Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Meet the Staff: Jason R.


How long have you worked at the library?
About 3 months now.

How many items do you have checked out right now?
I’ve got one ebook out through Cloud Library, and I’ve got one paperback checked out as well.

How many items are on your hold list?
Nothing right now.

 



 
What book can you read again and again without losing interest? Why do you still read it?
It’s fairly rare for me to reread a book, but I have read The Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund a few times. It is just really well-written science fiction.

If you were a literary character, who would you be and why?
I took a quiz once that said I’d be Atticus Finch, due to a strong sense of morality and justice.

What aspects of the library do you think are underutilized?
I think some of the digital resources are underused. Cloud Library and Hoopla are fantastic, and many people do not know they can manage their account on our website.

What is your favorite book format (book, audio, mp3, e-reader, etc.)?
I’ve grown to love e-readers. I still like the feeling of having a real book, but I mostly read on e-readers simply because I always have my phone in my pocket.

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library?
I really enjoy helping people find a book, or a piece of information they’ve been looking for.

What is your guilty reading (or listening) pleasure?    
I really enjoy the cheesy military science fiction stuff from the 80s and 90s. It is all over the top and silly, but I find it entertaining.

What books do you feel guilty for not having read?
I haven’t properly finished Harry Potter. I think I stopped half-way through The Half-Blood Prince.

Have your reading habits changed since working at the library? If so, how?
Not really, although I have been picking out more fantasy novels.

What is your perfect reading environment?
A quiet room with a comfy couch. 

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you?
I’ll take all those military sci-fi novels. Or maybe I’d finally start reading through The Wheel of Time series.

What was your favorite children’s book when you were a child? What is your favorite children’s book now?
There was quite a few I liked growing up, but I still think Love You Forever by Robert Munsch is great.

Before you worked here, what was your worst library transgression?
I’m sure I lost a book at some point growing up.


No comments:

Post a Comment