Total Pageviews

Monday, December 10, 2018

Meet the Staff: Dorothy K.



How long have you worked at the library? About 4 months

How many items do you have checked out right now? none

How many items are on your hold list? none
 


What book can you read again and again without losing interest? Why do you still read it? 

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I read it years ago and I still think about it.

 





If you were a literary character, who would you be and why? 
Hermione Granger. She is so smart and can accomplish anything with an incantation or wave of her wand.

What aspects of the library do you think are underutilized? 

The website seems to have so much to offer. I need to explore it even more.

What is your favorite book format (book, audio, mp3, e-reader, etc.)?
 

I’m old-fashioned in that I have only read books. I really want to check out some audio books though.

What is your favorite aspect of working at the library? 

I think the Library is such a valuable asset to the community. I will do whatever it takes to help Jill “crunch the numbers” and make sure it continues to be a vital resource.

What is your guilty reading (or listening) pleasure? 

I often spend my entire Sunday morning reading the newspaper and online news sites
 

What books do you feel guilty for not having read? 
So many. I really want to read The Lord of the Rings and the Song of Ice and Fire series

Have your reading habits changed since working at the library? If so, how? 

Not so much since working at the library. I used to read a lot before marriage, children and working 40+ hours per week. We have been empty-nesters for a while now, but I just retired from my full-time job. I hope to pick up my old reading habits since I’m now surrounded by so many good books.

What is your perfect reading environment? 

On the couch with soft music playing in the background

 

 

If you were stranded on a desert island, what single genre of books would you want with you? 
Hmmm. That’s a hard one. I would be happy with any Biography, History, Fantasy or Mystery books.

What was your favorite children’s book when you were a child? What is your favorite children’s book now? 

As a child I would love to read the Thornton Burgess books. Then I graduated to Nancy Drew. Now I love to read the Little Critter books to my grandchildren.

Before you worked here, what was your worst library transgression? Late fees

No comments:

Post a Comment